Do-it-yourself Lemon Lavender Dishwasher Tablets – no dearer retailer purchased tablets! .
1 cup Borax
½ cup Epsom salt
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
⅓ to ½ cup lemon juice
8 drops lavender essential oil
1. Combine borax, Epsom salts, Lavender essential oil, and washing soda in a bowl until well combined.
2. Add lemon juice 1 Tbsp. at a time until mixture is damp but not soaked, you want it to hold together and not be crumbly.
3. Press mixture firmly into ice cube trays then tap on the counter to level out.
4. Allow to dry for at least 3-4 hours before removing
5. Store your homemade dishwasher tablets in an air tight container (a pretty mason jar if you have one)!
1 recipe will fill a standard ice cube tray.
Put 1 tablet in your dishwasher detergent tray.
If you have hard water you may want to add some distilled white vinegar (a natural rinse aid) to your compartment where you normally put “Jet Dry”. The vinegar is a water softener that helps prevent spotting on dishes (plus this will also help you save money).